Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Here we go.

I've decided to start a blog completely dedicated to my pursuit of becoming a runner. (Here's my other blog) Ok, I know...I am a runner, but I believe it's a constant process. I've already gained so much knowledge and improved so much in the short time I've been running, but I'm no where near where I want to be. Here's a little about me and my journey as a runner so far...

I always hated running. I mean, HATED. In gym class, we always had to run "the mile" and I always found a way to be sick or have a sudden emergency. I just didn't get the point. Well, the hatred continued for quite sometime, although it was subsided for a few years when I was recruited to play soccer in high school. See, I could see the point in soccer... while I was still (technically) running, there was a goal, an ending, a reason for all that running. After high school, I didn't run again until after I met my husband. I can't really remember when exactly, but he and I decided to find something that we could do together so we started signing up for the occasional 5K. Although he and I don't run together (he's much too fast!), we are able to share our experiences with one another and grow as runners together.

Currently, we are training for our first half marathon. I hope it's the first of many. Here is an account of my running experiences from here on out.



No comments:

Post a Comment