Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yesterday's Long Run

I have been trying to get over the "9 mile" hump for a few weeks now, and I still haven't quite gotten over it. Instead of running my 9-miler on Sunday as previously planned (more on that in a bit) I ended up having to run yesterday after work. All in all, it was pretty good until my last 1 1/2- 2 miles when my legs started to hate me. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but my legs got really cold and started to cramp up....I'm sure it was a combination of factors- water intake, nutrition needs, drop in temp when the sun was starting to go down, etc. I made it 8.87 miles (I had planned 9.5) and I had to call it quits for the day. My legs just didn't feel right and I figured it would be best just to shut it down. It was by far the hardest run (mentally & physically) I've had in a really long time.

So, why didn't I run on Sunday? Let me just tell you. I made the mistake of eating Frosted Mini-Wheats for breakfast before we left for our run. Let's just put it this way...I don't need to increase my fiber intake before a run because it will always end badly. I ran for less than 10 minutes and had to go back to the potty. The porta potty was so disgusting that I couldn't bring myself to go in there. So...I just ended up waiting near the car for husband to finish his long run (only about 1 1/2 hours ...bleh). I've read A TON of other people's blogs who seem to have the very same problem I do with my "potties". In my opinion, it's just shitty! *yeah, I just went there.

This weekend, I'm planning on running 10 1/2 miles....* I can do this *I can do this * I can do this!

The half is only 3 weeks away!!!!!!!!

1 comment: