Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Zapato-mobiles

As I've mentioned in my last few posts, I've been struggling with some brutal blisters UNDERNEATH my toenails *yuck! At first I thought it just something runners deal with from time to time, but when it started affecting my runs I figured I should see if there was something causing them...I found the culprit- my shoes! As it turns out, my Mizunos were over-correcting my overpronation and causing my toes to roll in too much. To make matters worse, after about 3 miles on my runs, my left foot was going numb! The chick at the shoe store (cksports.com) even told me..."I don't know why they put you in these shoes, they're for bigger people"; I was wearing shoes for FATTIES..awesome. I'm now wearing Brooks Ravenna. So far, so good...unfortunately, I won't really see just how good they are until the half on Sunday. As long as I don't get those terrible blisters, I'm gonna be one happy runner!

On another note, I'm really enjoying these shorter, taper runs ... short & sweet!

5 Days until the Big D Half Marathon! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you figured out the problem!! Be sure to break them in a little before the half marathon! Good luck this weekend! I can't wait to hear about it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete